- NBCI Home
- About NBCI
- Current Programs
- All Current Initiatives
- Key Black Church Websites
NBCI Featured Program
NBCI Feature Article
Job Search Roundup
- How to prepare for a job search A job search is a complex project, and like any other project, you have a better chance of success if you prepare, plan and execute based on your goals.
- Number one job search tip You can try any number of ways to find the girl or guy of your dreams, but when it happens, it often happens in the most random, and unexpected ways.
- Resume writing tips Here's the number one thing you can do to write a better resume: Show, don't tell!
- How to find a job in a tight job market …Or, how to find a job when no one's hiring.
- The best niche job boards and why you should use them They might have less jobs available than the "monster" job boards, but they have a focus on a specific field and thus there's much less riff-raff.
- Using the rule of thirds to organize your job search You know you need a new job, but the who, what, where and which job questions are wide open. It's this sort of job search that can become chaotic.
- The current top job boards based on traffic These are the current top job search web sites (or "job boards") according to web traffic. For your edification only.
- Should you consider a career change? If you find some or most of these situations fit you, then you might be in the career change market.
- The long distance job search Long distance job searches are common. People do it every day. And imagine doing something like interviewing for jobs in California when you still live in New Jersey.
- The proper job search attitude The proper job search attitude is important, and I'll tell you why. You can't land the sort of job you deserve if you don't think you deserve it.
- Interviewing tips from someone who does the hiring The basics to being a successful interviewee is to be professional, know your stuff, and keep your focus on getting the job.
- The inside secret of a successful job interview Almost every part of the entire process is trying to figure a couple of basic questions: Can I work with this person? More importantly, will I enjoy working with this person?
- 4 quick ways to make your resume stand out A good design uses basic concepts of typography and layout design to present your information in a dynamic way.
- What to wear to a job interview. Dressing to fit in with an office's individual character shows respect and commitment
- Use a stock screener to find out who’s hiring The companies and the industries that are doing the hiring right now are the ones that are the healthiest right now… the ones that are growing or doing well, even in a bad economy.