Future Areas of Interest
- NBCI is interested in and committed to providing comprehensive care and
mentorship to children of incarcerated parents.
- NBCI currently has 50 churches around the country conducting reentry
programs. We plan to increase this number to 250. Future plans involve
expanding existing programs and focusing upon areas such as the mentoring
children of incarcerated individuals, working with state, federal, and
local authorities to reduce repeat offenses and providing referrals technical
assistance to help returning individuals choose a profession.
- NBCI has partnered with the Prince George’s County State Attorney’s
office to create crime-prevention-models targeting young African American
males. This project will last one year and be focused in Capital Heights,
MD, where the crime rate has risen 87% in the last two and a half years.
If this model is successful, we hope to write up its curriculum and share
it with other churches around the country.
- The elements of this model are based upon current, successful, science-based
programs concerning crime-prevention.
- The uniqueness of NBCI’s model is that it is faith-based and
we offer a five-monitoring service through our faith-based communities.
- Housing counseling